Tuesday, May 18, 2010

just thinking...


Van Gogh said "Sadness will last forever." Sadness? I think Madness can last just as long. Madness is a lifetime of dissapointments and great joys- and how we reconcile the two. We can never be happy all the time- who would want to be? Maybe those who have never experienced what 'bittersweet' means or understood the life-death-life cycle continue to misunderstand the importance of sorrow. For me, there will always be a fine line between madness and devotion.
This is my first blog. A small window into my life as a mother, writer, and woman in constant search of inspiration. A lot of this blog will be on what I devote my life to as mother with a son who is mentally-disabled with a rare genetic disorder. I will share information on diet, medications, coping emotionally, and the overall social, political, and spiritual journey of our family.

2 comments:

  1. I think this blog will touch many..It is very moving...Write on my friend you have so much to share....Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly a woman of 'heart and mind'. I am so proud to call you my mother! Can't wait to read more of what you share....Jennifer

    ReplyDelete