Sunday, August 15, 2010

The unraveling

How can we say we know god?....I used to think or should I say I believed what people told me when they said, " you know that you know ". That there's this inner knowing... there is some truth to that inner knowing but it is subjective and lets face it.... God is the Great Mystery......not that it hurts one's life to say you know that you know....but what is it that you know? Some people need the structure of a set of rules to keep their lives in line....and some don't as much....the bible says that its about saving our selves from eternal damnation because we are born into sin...well have you ever seen a new born.....they are the farthest thing from sin...but if this is true then it is the soul of a being that is sin.......are we doomed to sin from the moment we take our first breath? ...is this our mortal destiny?...And then we spend the rest of our lives battling with this inherent drive to sin. I say battle because there is also, thanks to our benevolent creator, a thing called conscience....this little inner alarm tells us when we do something bad ....but our conscience is subjective too ......think of men who kill others in the name of their god believing what they're doing is good not bad......it gets very confusing....and thats why I want to become a nun...... yes a nun, you heard me....
Yea its pretty funny when I think of this good old Jewish princess entering into the monastic life.....I'd be willing to give up everything except my Bergdorf Goodman account..... then again they probably make designer robes for nuns, they make designer birkas.....Maybe I should start my own line of Monastic wear, religious robes made from cashmere,silk, and fine Italian linens, or do you think that would be defeating the purpose.....

No comments:

Post a Comment